Hello! Today I would like to share with you another Halloween craft idea. It is so fun to spend time with the kids doing crafts. We love having family time and crafting is a perfect activity. This time we made a milk carton haunted house. For this craft, we use recycled material. There is nothing like turning the recycling from home into something fun for the kids while we teach them how important for the planet is to recycle.
In this post, I have shown you other ideas for Halloween using toilet paper rolls and empty cans. Today I want to show you a craft using something you probably have at home, an empty milk box.
In addition, I have made a step by step video. I hope you like it!:
Materials you need for this milk carton haunted house:
- An empty milk carton
- Orange tissue or foil paper
- Glue gun
- Black acrylic paint
- 2 tealights
- Wiggle eyes
- Plastic Spiders
- A white pencil
- With a marker, design the windows or doors you would like to create.
- Cut the windows and the bottom of the milk box with the help of scissors or cutter.
- Sand all surfaces of the milk box. Generally, these types of boxes have a glossy finish which makes it a bit difficult for the paint to stick to it. However, sanding will make the box easier to paint.
- Paint the box in such a way that the surfaces are completely covered. You may need more than one layer.
- Let it dry.
- Place the foil or tissue paper inside the box and stick it with tape.
- Decorate the box to your liking. I have put wiggle eyes and plastic spiders. Use your creativity! The sky is the limit :).
- Using a white pencil, draw the spider webs around the box.
- Place 2 tealights inside the box.
- Now you will have a beautiful haunted house with lighting! 😉
If you like this Halloween craft, feel free to share it. You can also leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you.