Hello! Time flies by and one of the most anticipated days for the little ones is approaching. It’s time to start working on some fun crafts for Halloween. Yay!. And as I have already mentioned in my article of crafts for children with recycled cardboard, I like to use the recycling materials that I have at home to make crafts with my children. That way, they learn the importance of recycling, and with this, I also teach them to classify waste materials from recyclables. And as a mom, I also save money on materials when teaching them a craft.
So, today I bring you these easy and fun Halloween crafts that you can make with toilet paper rolls and canned food containers. I also include an activity with ice cream sticks that although it’s not recycling, is low cost and is a fun activity for kids. In addition, I have made a video and I hope you like it. Don’t forget to share it if you think it’s a great idea for kids.
Easy and Fun Halloween Crafts with Toilet Paper Rolls
Don’t throw the toilet paper rolls! We got to make a Jack O’lantern, a mummy, a bat, and Frankenstein. Don’t let your creativity end here, you can always elaborate many things.
What do you need for this easy and fun Halloween Craft :
- 4 Toilet paper rolls
- Orange, black and red acrylic paint
- Wiggle eyes
- Black marker
- Black cardstock paper
- One piece of white paper
- Green pipe cleaner
- Paint each toilet paper rolls with different colors (orange, black and red). To make the mummy, you don’t need to paint the tube.
- Glue the wiggle eyes in each toilet paper roll, with the exception of the Jack O’Lantern in which we will cut 3 black triangles for the eyes and nose.
- Decorate them as shown in the photo and in my video tutorial.
Easy and Fun Halloween Crafts with Food Cans
- We made this craft with canned food containers and we have turned them into a pencil holder decorated with Halloween themes. Isn’t it cute?
Materials needed for this Halloween Craft:
- 2 empty medium-size cans. This time I used green beans can.
- Big size wiggle eyes
- Black cardstock paper
- Black marker
- Glue gun
- Plastic Spiders
- Orange Yarn
- Green acrylic paint
Instructions to Make Frankenstein theme:
- Paint the can with green paint.
- Let it dry.
- Glue the wiggle eyes using the glue gun.
- Draw the mouth and eyebrows with a black marker
Instructions for Jack O’Lantern theme:
- Wrap the orange yarn in the can by gluing with the glue gun at the beginning, in the middle and at the bottom of the can.
- Glue the wiggle eyes.
- Glue the plastic spider at the top.
- On black cardstock, draw the mouth and glue it.
Halloween Crafts with Wood Craft Sticks
- 9 craft sticks 10mm width
- 19 craft sticks 19mm width
- Googly Eyes
- Black Marker
- Pipe cleaners
- Wood Glue
- Orange, purple and green acrylic paint
- Place 6 wooden sticks 19 mm wide together.
- Glue 3 wooden sticks 10 mm wide diagonally, that way the 6 wooden sticks can be held together (in my video I show you how to do it).
- Make three different sets and paint each one with different colors (green, orange and purple).
- For Jack O’lantern, draw the face on the orange set. Before using the black marker I first drew it with a pencil. On the back, glue the pipe cleaner.
- For the monster: With black or white marker draw the mouth as shown in the photo and paste googly eyes of different sizes.
- For the Frankenstein: With a black marker draw the hair, mouth, and nose and glue two googly eyes of large size.
I hope you enjoy doing these crafts with the kids at home or in the classroom. If you like it you may also want to check this post about making a haunted house with recycling. You can always leave me a comment, I enjoy hearing from you!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link.