This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Hello! Time flies by and one of the most anticipated days for the little ones is approaching. It’s time to start working on some fun crafts for Halloween. Yay!. And as I have already mentioned in my article of crafts for children with recycled cardboard, I like to use the recycling materials that I have at home to make crafts with my children. That way, they learn the importance of recycling, and with this, I also teach them to classify waste materials from recyclables. And as a mom, I also save money on materials when teaching them a craft.
So, today I bring you these easy and fun Halloween crafts that you can make with toilet paper rolls and canned food containers. I also include an activity with ice cream sticks that although it’s not recycling, is low cost and is a fun activity for kids. In addition, I have made a video and I hope you like it. Don’t forget to share it if you think it’s a great idea for kids.
Easy and Fun Halloween Crafts with Toilet Paper Rolls
Don’t throw the toilet paper rolls! We got to make a Jack O’lantern, a mummy, a bat, and Frankenstein. Don’t let your creativity end here, you can always elaborate many things.
What do you need for this easy and fun Halloween Craft :
- 4 Toilet paper rolls
- Orange, black and red acrylic paint
- Wiggle eyes
- Black marker
- Black cardstock paper
- One piece of white paper
- Green pipe cleaner
- Paint each toilet paper rolls with different colors (orange, black and red). To make the mummy, you don’t need to paint the tube.
- Glue the wiggle eyes in each toilet paper roll, with the exception of the Jack O’Lantern in which we will cut 3 black triangles for the eyes and nose.
- Decorate them as shown in the photo and in my video tutorial.
Easy and Fun Halloween Crafts with Food Cans
- We made this craft with canned food containers and we have turned them into a pencil holder decorated with Halloween themes. Isn’t it cute?
Materials needed for this Halloween Craft:
- 2 empty medium-size cans. This time I used green beans can.
- Big size wiggle eyes
- Black cardstock paper
- Black marker
- Glue gun
- Plastic Spiders
- Orange Yarn
- Green acrylic paint
Instructions to Make Frankenstein theme:
- Paint the can with green paint.
- Let it dry.
- Glue the wiggle eyes using the glue gun.
- Draw the mouth and eyebrows with a black marker
Instructions for Jack O’Lantern theme:
- Wrap the orange yarn in the can by gluing with the glue gun at the beginning, in the middle and at the bottom of the can.
- Glue the wiggle eyes.
- Glue the plastic spider at the top.
- On black cardstock, draw the mouth and glue it.
Halloween Crafts with Wood Craft Sticks
- 9 craft sticks 10mm width
- 19 craft sticks 19mm width
- Googly Eyes
- Black Marker
- Pipe cleaners
- Wood Glue
- Orange, purple and green acrylic paint
- Place 6 wooden sticks 19 mm wide together.
- Glue 3 wooden sticks 10 mm wide diagonally, that way the 6 wooden sticks can be held together (in my video I show you how to do it).
- Make three different sets and paint each one with different colors (green, orange and purple).
- For Jack O’lantern, draw the face on the orange set. Before using the black marker I first drew it with a pencil. On the back, glue the pipe cleaner.
- For the monster: With black or white marker draw the mouth as shown in the photo and paste googly eyes of different sizes.
- For the Frankenstein: With a black marker draw the hair, mouth, and nose and glue two googly eyes of large size.
I hope you enjoy doing these crafts with the kids at home or in the classroom. If you like it you may also want to check this post about making a haunted house with recycling. You can always leave me a comment, I enjoy hearing from you!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link.