Hello! This delicious oven-baked salmon recipe is very healthy and easy to prepare. Salmon is a fantastic protein source with less saturated fat content than red meats, making it very attractive when it comes to a healthy diet that contributes to weight loss.
One research study concluded that consuming two portions of fish a week carries benefits for heart health. Including salmon in the diet also has skin benefits. The fatty acids in salmon help the skin retain water, making it look hydrated and soft.
How to Prepare Oven-Baked Salmon?
This baked salmon recipe incorporates butter, lemon, and spices that give it a classic touch and a delicious flavor. What I like most about this recipe is that you can prepare it quickly and you can serve it with a side of vegetables like these baked asparagus with Parmesan cheese.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 salmon fillet
- 2 lemons (one sliced and one to squeeze its juice)
- Oregano, thyme, and basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Aluminum Foil
How Long Should Salmon Be Baked?
The temperature for baking salmon varies depending on the size and thickness of the fillet. For example, Very thin fillets can be baked in 20 minutes at temperatures between 355-390F, while thicker fillets will require a temperature of approximately 400F with a time between 25 and 30 minutes. Wrapping the salmon fillet in foil will cause the heat to be distributed in a more even way.
Many ovens do not heat to the temperature they indicate, so this can cause more or less time to be needed. Therefore, the recommendation is to pay attention and check it after 15 minutes in the oven. One of the ways to know if salmon is ready is to bury the fork and look if it separates into flakes.
Baked Salmon Easy Recipe
- 1 Salmon Fillet
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 375F
- On a baking sheet, place enough foil to cover the entire fillet when wrapping, wrap it with a little butter to prevent the salmon from sticking to the foil.
- Place the salmon fillet on the foil.
- Squeeze the juice out of a lemon and pour it into the salmon making sure it's all covered.
- Season the fillet with salt, pepper, oregano, and basil.
- Cut a sliced lemon and place it on the salmon fillet.
- Put in different places butter on salmon.
- Wrap the steak with the foil and bring it to the oven for about 20 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- If the salmon is thin, check it 5 minutes early to make sure it doesn't get overcooked and dry.
- If the salmon fillet is thick (over 1in thick) it may require more time to bake.
- When the salmon is ready, remove it from the oven and serve with vegetables, a salad, or white rice.
- After 15 minutes in the oven, constantly check the salmon.
- Not all ovens heat up the same way and you may need more or less time.
- To find out if the salmon is ready, salmon should come off easily when pinching it with a fork.
What can salmon be served with?
- 99% of the time I serve it with baked vegetables. It is very easy to season the vegetables and place them in the oven for a few minutes while baking the salmon.
- Salmon with asparagus is a classic. Try this recipe with these baked asparagus with Parmesan cheese.
- Salmon with baked potatoes and carrots is delicious too.
- Salmon also combines very well with white rice and salad.
Did you like this baked salmon recipe? Share it on your social networks!.